Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gas line insurance program

On Nov 16, 10:28 am, " wrote:
if you can afford the hit cost of a new line then insurance really
isnt necessary.

but again I say get a estimate NOW so you know the expected costs and
perhaps begin putting the insurance money away monthly .......

can create a nice savings account that way

Don't put the money in a savings account...split the funds between
stock in the insurance company and the utility. Odds are your ROR will
be higher than any bank's interest rates.

The company (EAS) that owns my local utility is up 10.5% YTD.

Financials are down right now, due to the sub-prime mortgage issues,
but that just makes it a buying opportunity. Long-term average annual
return is well over 10%. Most insurance carriers don't lose money over
the long run.

Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. ;-)