Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default OT - Just when you think we are the worst...

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Joe" wrote:

Even with a 300 baud acoustic modem it would have taken, what, 16 seconds
to download and realize that it was off topic?

300 baud.... Ha! That brought back some memories..... none of 'em good.

Same here -- none of them good, but one of them strange... while dialed in to
work late one evening, with the stereo on in the same room, I discovered that
certain notes played on a clarinet produce *exactly* the right tone to cause
an acoustic coupler to disconnect. Same spot on the same track, four times in
a row.

2600 Hz, known as signaling frequency.

--
Jack Novak