Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default gas furnace

On Nov 15, 8:25 pm, jim wrote:
On Nov 15, 7:35 pm, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

It would not hurt to have it inspected, but I believe you will find out
that it is normal for that type of high efficiency technology.

"edwin_g" wrote in message

Hello. I am renting a house in Idaho and the gas furnace is loud when
it goes on. It is not an explosion, it seems more like some sort of
resonance similar to an old motorcycle that goes on for a few minutes
before the hot air starts blowing. I have never heard a gas furnace
this loud. The landlords have vacuumed it and it hasn't helped. Any
suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

High eff do sound like a jet when they get ready to fire up

My house (before I got nat gas) had a 70s oil burner...and it fired-up
in the middle-of-the-night, what the H!!!