Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Gas line insurance program

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:06:33 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

On Nov 15, 4:10 pm, "Ron Oakley" wrote:
For years, I've been receiving information through the gas company, about
gas line replacement insurance. I always shrugged this one off, because it
seemed like an unnecessary expense.

However, I was talking with a distant relative the other day, and they
mentioned their gas line was being replaced. The gas company had shut off
their gas, because there was a leak in the line going to the house. The
relative got estimates, ranging from $3,000, upto $5,000, and everything in
between. Unfortunately, they didn't have the insurance, and they have to
pay out of pocket for this expense.

At $3.75 per month added expense, this seems like a no brainer for my 30
yr. old home.

Question being, does anyone here carry this insurance, and if so, did it
ever pay off?

Thanks

Never heard of this gambit, at least not from our utility, NICOR.
Their usual practice on a new line is to provide the first 60' free,
and bill the customer a nominal sum for the excess. So far as I know,
replacement follows the same plan. Wouldn't make insurance much of a
bargain in this venue even if offered.

Joe

You can buy insurance for anything and everything these days.
Just to prove it, I went to google and did a search for "erection
insurance". There were 1660 hits. I guess if you're worried about
losing your wife or any other woman, you really should invest in
erection insurance.