Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Marking a laminate worktop?

On 2007-11-13 19:43:57 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

dog-man wrote:
I will shortly be cutting holes in a kitchen worktop to house the sink
and hob.

What is best to use to mark the shape to be cut?

I tried pencil, but it does not show up very well, and obvioulsy
cutting the hole correctly is critical.

'Sharpie' fine tip marker pen from Staples. Writes on almost any surface.
Much loved by magicians for signing playing cards.

Muched loved in the IT industry as well for fixing tiny scratches on equipment.

What's the thing about signing playing cards? Is this for when you
want to mark one for later reappearance from somewhere completely
different? Of course we all know that it's one that you made earlier.

Do you have an assistant called Sharon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTzXJMU1sLc