Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas line insurance program

On Nov 15, 5:10�pm, "Ron Oakley" wrote:
For years, I've been receiving information through the gas company, about
gas line replacement insurance. I always shrugged this one off, because it
seemed like an unnecessary expense.

However, I was talking with a distant relative the other day, and they
mentioned their gas line was being replaced. The gas company had shut off
their gas, because there was a leak in the line going to the house. The
relative got estimates, ranging from $3,000, upto $5,000, and everything in
between. Unfortunately, they didn't have the insurance, and they have to
pay out of pocket for this expense.

At $3.75 per month added expense, this seems like a no brainer for my 30
yr. old home.

Question being, does anyone here carry this insurance, and if so, did it
ever pay off?

Thanks

get a estimate on your line, see what it costs.

around here they snake a new plastic line thru the old metal one,
about $1500 for replacement.

now think if you had paid that insurance money for the last 30 years

you can be insurance poor if you arent careful