Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default New heating furnace

Zephyr wrote:
"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
c_shah wrote:
Thanks every one for the info. Yes, old furnace is working fine but
too noisy and we are little cold always even themostat is set to 72.
May need to rethink before start calling out HVAC contractor.

We just got a new Thermo Pride with staged blower and it is quieter than
old Lennox furnace. Lennox was a POS and we did not find until afterwards
that they made cheap grades such as we got ~16 years ago.

Wife was not as satisfied with temperature but I doubt thermometers on
thermostats are that accurate. She became happy when I cranked up new one
a couple of degrees

Frank

Temperature is temperature,

72 in a lennox is the same as 72 on a thremo pride,
if 72 is not comfortable, then maybe its not the temp that is the problem
but the humidity level.

if humidity is too low, its possible that the 72 feels like 68

( humidex index/rating that you use on hot days applies to cold days too)

consider a humidifier added to the existing system to make 72 feel more like
72 based on relative humidity levels.

Dave

We have a humidifier on the furnace and it is working. Old Lennox
thermostat was analog and new Thermo Pride's Honeywell thermostat is
digital. Right now it reads 71 deg. F but another digital thermometer
brought right next to it reads 73. Chances are that old unit was reading
lower than actual temperature.

Heat distribution in house seems better with new furnace.

Frank