Wayne Cook

Default Update to web site and possible gloat.

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:42:23 GMT, (Philippe Habib)
wrote:

I have what I think is this one's older version. Mine looks very similar
but the column is one part, not bolted together and it does not mention
Cincinati as a maker. I also don't have a crank to operate the table.
Just a hex nut. Maybe I should make a crank.

There's a nut under the crank. You might also note the handle end of
the crank has another hex socket though I've not really figured out
which bolts it's supposed to fit.

My old Buffalo Forge has a similar arrangement with a hex shaped
extension of the gear and a crank to go over it.

Mine came out of a postal service shop and was donated as surplus to a non
profit art space that sold it at a fundraiser. I paid $60 for it.

Better price than mine. I paid $600 for this one but felt it was
worth it considering the condition.

I drilled one and a half inch holes in inch thick stock with it like it
was nothing.

I'm sure. I've not drilled any that big with the Candey Otto yet but
it sure acts like it would do it without a sweat. I've done lots of
the with the Buffalo Forge and it does a good job but is a little more
work without the power down feed.

It is my only drill press.

It's a good one then. I could get by with only it except I'd like a
little more speed and sensitivity for the small bits.
Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook