Posted to alt.home.repair
SHOPDOG SHOPDOG is offline

Default Woodstove Steamers?

We have radiators and a woodstove. This is our first house and the other
places that we lived all had forced air heat. After our first winter here,
we had nasal issues and very dry skin. Our family Dr. told us to get a
humidity meter and put coffe cups filled with water on our radiators. Since
we have a baby, we also have a vaporizor. I filled it up and sure enough the
humidity level in the house came into comfortable levels. Now we have two
"cool mist" vaporizers, one for the first floor and one for the second.
Works great! Once we get the SS chimney up I am hoping that by putting a
cast iron pot with water on the stove top will work as well as the
vaporizers.

They also make small hang on pots for radiators that hang on the front,
but they are so small that you would have to fill them at least twice a day.
Plus you would probably have to have one on every radiator.
In my shop I have a kerosene heater on top I put a SS stock pot filled half
with water and this works great...

SD