Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Woodstove Steamers?

"HerHusband" wrote

So, I'm curious if anyone knows where I could find a SMALL steamer (to fit
on a 6" ledge), or what other options I might have for setting on the
stove. I don't have a lot of money right now, so I'd prefer something
under
$50. It should also be black to match the stove, it shouldn't rust or
leave
marks on the stove, and it shouldn't be damaged if it runs out of water.

Interesting! I'm used to seeing ones that are much bigger and a copper
kettle.

Here's an idea. It *might* break from the heat but it won't hurt anything
if it does. If you have access to a sort of inexpensive asian grocery type
place, they have those little ceramic teapots. They are actually quite
sturdy under a brazier and can look very charming. Lots of color choices,
you should be able to get one for 10$ or less. I think they will work as
they generally only have a problem with rapid temp changes. For 20$, you
might find a copper one (wont rust). My other ideas lead to terracotta sort
of. The lower bowls you set under planters, this time filled partway with
some black smoothe rocks?

Yard sales might have all those items. Careful on metal as you do not want
rust (solid copper or brass is fine though).