Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Weller WHS

Smitty Two wrote:

We don't build much consumer stuff, either. If we did, we wouldn't still
be using lead solder, would we?

I suppose some guy with a corkscrew in his ass will be along sooner or
later and ask for temperature calibration records, but I can tell you
that that has *nothing,* and I mean not one god damn thing, to do with
the quality of our assemblies. People who *know* how to solder don't
need someone else telling them whether the iron is too hot or too cold.
They know, because they know, simple as that.

Whatever. We tried to remove any failing tools from the production
floor before they caused problems. I don't really care how you do
things at your place. Several customers were US government agencies,
and THEY required the testing, and a proper logbook, along with ISO 9001
certification and quarterly inspections. They were paying $20,000 to
$80,000 USD per custom built unit, so they had the right to set the
standards.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell