Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Avometer Model 8 repair

Jim Hawkins wrote in message
I have an Avometer Model 8 in excellent condition except for some

corrosion
in the battery compartment.
Before I have a go at stripping the compartment out and either cleaning or
replacing the corroded bits, has anyone any tips on doing this ? Any
sources of replacement battery compartments ?

Jim Hawkins

AFAIK the 30V? batteries for the high R range are unavailable anwhere, so
you may as well clean out and convert the housing to take a couple of
photographic 15V? batteries plus the 1.5V one

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England