Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default Chinese Sub

On Nov 15, 10:04 am, Rex wrote:
I think someone else got it right: Our guys just let them think they got
away with something. Detecting diesel/electric boats is child's play,
and we're the best in the world.

JR North wrote:
This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. Shows the CIC
operators on a number of ships were wanking off instead of doing their
jobs. It takes more than good bearings and prop design to make a sub
quiet-a lot more. No way an HF Chinese diesel/electric could be
invisible to our gear if we were paying attention. Once again, we are so
self confident and secure in our might and rightness, we have been
caught AGAIN in an alley with our pant's down. Good thing the sub wasn't
piloted and crewed by some whack-jobs. And you can forget about
'pretending not to see it' to avoid alerting the Pinko Commies to our
detection capability. That would be utterly stupid and irresponsible.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Millwright Wrong wrote:
The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy
exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected
Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific
exercise
and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with
4,500 personnel on board.

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack
submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for
launching
torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

According to senior Nato officials the incident caused consternation
in
the U.S. Navy.

The Americans had no idea China's fast-growing submarine fleet had
reached such a level of sophistication, or that it posed such a
threat.

Nah, this has got to be a troll. As a huge number of people in this
very group have stated, the Chinese are not capable of making anything
but rubbish, low quality machine tools, etc etc etc............how
could they POSSIBLY make anything as sophisticated as this.....

Either that, or they are quite happy to make crap for the silly
westerners.....

Andrew VK3BFA.