Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Woodstove Steamers?

A simple tea kettle will do! (Not the whistling kind...)

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We have a small woodstove (Lopi Patriot model) and as anyone who uses a
woodstove knows, the air gets very dry when we use it. Dry eyes, dry
noses,
and static electricity. So, I'd like to buy a steamer to set on the stove
to add moisture back into the air.

Unfortunately, all of the steamers and kettles I have seen are rather
large
and wouldn't fit on the top of our small woodstove very nicely.

So, I'm curious if anyone knows where I could find a SMALL steamer (to fit
on a 6" ledge), or what other options I might have for setting on the
stove. I don't have a lot of money right now, so I'd prefer something
under
$50. It should also be black to match the stove, it shouldn't rust or
leave
marks on the stove, and it shouldn't be damaged if it runs out of water.

I'm currently using a glass pyrex dish which has helped with the air
situation, but doesn't look very attractive. I'm also worried about it
cracking when I need to add more water, and don't know what would happen
if
it ran dry.

Thanks,

Anthony