Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default How do I get those HDTV channels

On Nov 14, 8:04 am, hobbes wrote:
Hi,

I have Cablevision (New York, Westchester County) and my SOny Bravia
TV can get HDTV channels. However they seem to be in the 84.XXXX and
110.XXX ranges. I also get NON HDTV channels at the usual chanels
2,3,4 etc. up to about 74.

What confuses me is that say I want to watch House on HD. I do not tue
to channel 5 (FOX) but some other channel. In cablevision world it is
channel 705. But on my Bravia it is like 98.XXX or something. Finding
the HD TV channels is like a real challenge.

Am I missing something here, or is it always this difficult with HD
tv ....

Best, Mike.

You should be able to get the HD channels without the box by tuning
to the subchannel. For example: 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc. Keep in mind
these are networks that normally broadcast over the air. For cable
channels like ESPNHD or CNNHD, you will need the cable box.
It is possible that a program like House could end up on another
channel like 98.xxx, but it will still be on 5.1.