Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Weller WHS

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
I suppose some guy with a corkscrew in his ass will be along sooner
or later and ask for temperature calibration records, but I can tell you
that that has *nothing,* and I mean not one god damn thing, to do with
the quality of our assemblies. People who *know* how to solder don't
need someone else telling them whether the iron is too hot or too cold.
They know, because they know, simple as that.

I admire your optimism, but without enforced standards, what guarantee do
you have that your technicians will "do the right thing" consistently?

There's no incentive not to. The assemblers are expected to produce
excellent solder joints at a competitive rate of production. The way to
do that is to select an appropriate tip, solder, and temperature (not to
mention magnification level) for the task at hand. Why would they choose
an option that would make their job more difficult and frustrating, and
produce lower quality work?