Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Weller WHS

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
I suppose some guy with a corkscrew in his ass will be along sooner
or later and ask for temperature calibration records, but I can tell
you that that has *nothing,* and I mean not one god damn thing, to do
with the quality of our assemblies. People who *know* how to solder
don't need someone else telling them whether the iron is too hot or too
cold. They know, because they know, simple as that.

I admire your optimism, but without enforced standards, what guarantee
do you have that your technicians will "do the right thing"
consistently?

It is almost always cheaper to build in quality from the start than to
inspect it in but both choices are available.

You can use the inspection to rate the employees work and base their pay
on the quality of their work. That make it in their interest to do the job
right AND to make sure their equipment works well.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap