Posted to alt.home.repair
spammer spammer is offline

Default Smooth caulk joints

On Nov 13, 11:33 pm, "StarMan" wrote:
Looking online, I see many tips about using TAPE to create nice edges when
needed, when you smooth the joint.

Are there any techniques for making an accurate line without tape? As I
recall, I've seen pros not using tape and the joints looked great. However
this was long ago and I don't recall exactly how they smoothed it out.

Is tape the ONLY way to get a smooth edge without years of practice? ;-)

Yes, use the tape. I've caulked for a long time and still find taping
the best way to do it. An advantage here is with the tape, you can
really press the caulk into the joint and make a great seal.
I think those guys on TV use trick caulk for the cameras (just
kidding, I'm just jealous).