Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Connecting a dishwasher to washing machine plumbing

On Nov 13, 11:32 am, Deano wrote:
Would anyone have suggestions how to connect a dishwasher to the
washing machine hot water feed and disposal line? I know it's an
unusual way of doing things but I don't have much of a choice...thanks
to a big old return vent that is next to the sink. Any help will be
appreciated...the plumbing supply guy just looked at me funny when I
asked about it.

Deano in Cincinnati

It's tough to answer that question without knowing how your plumbing
is laid out. In general, you need to get the braided hose from the DW
to a water source with a threaded connection, such as threaded shut-
off or nipple. This may mean tapping into the water line for the
washing machine with a T, a shut-off and a nipple. It may also mean
you need a longer braided hose than came with the DW.

As far as hooking up the drain, that could be a bigger issue. Again,
no one here knows how your washing machine drain is set up, so it's
real hard to answer that question with any specificity. In any case, I
don't know if the pump on a DW is strong enough to move the waste
water much farther than the length of the supplied hose, and I'd
certainly be suprised if it could lift it higher than the DW if that's
where the top of the washing machine standpipe is. You need to call
the manufacturer on that one.

At the very least you need to describe the current washing machine
waterline and drain in a little more detail before we can offer any
more help.