Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] baveryt@gmail.com is offline

Default Wilton vise "Lifetime Warranty"....what it really means.

I broke the main cast iron frame of my Wilton C-3 vise the other day.
In shopping for a replacement, I noticed on the Wilton Tool website
that this vise has a "Lifetime Warranty". I called Wilton to get info
on warranty replacement or repair. The man asked me how old is the
vise....about 15 years, I said. After a moment, I learned that the
"lifetime" of a Wilton vise is 6 years. After 6 years, the "lifetime
warranty" expires.....how can they be comfortable in misleading the
customer?....why not be ethical and advertise a "6 year warranty".
This kind of thing pis_es me off to no end. Is this typical of how
industrial manufacturers operate? I thought I'd feel better after
venting here.....I don't.
waverly