Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Sharp microwave/convection oven thermistor

"James Sweet" writes:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an ancient Sharp R-8310 microwave/convection oven that recently
broke its temperature sensing thermistor for the convection part. I'd
like to keep this oven because of its simple mechanical controls, but
what kind of substitute thermistor will work (temperature @ 25C,
temperature coefficient)? The factory part (FH-Z0017WRK0) is $40 with
the thermistor in a plastic shell and attached to a cable.

$40 sounds pretty decent to me, it's surprising the part is still available
at all. If it were me I'd just buy the factory part and save the
substitution for impossible to find or horrendously expensive parts.

Of course, there are a variety of standard thermistors that go for more
along the lines of $1 from an electronics distributor.

Does anyone know what the specs on this are?