Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Larry[_2_] Larry[_2_] is offline

Default Sharp microwave/convection oven thermistor

wrote:
: I have an ancient Sharp R-8310 microwave/convection oven that recently
: broke its temperature sensing thermistor for the convection part. I'd
: like to keep this oven because of its simple mechanical controls, but
: what kind of substitute thermistor will work (temperature @ 25C,
: temperature coefficient)? The factory part (FH-Z0017WRK0) is $40 with
: the thermistor in a plastic shell and attached to a cable.

I just had to replace that part and it cost $40 in Australia. I also
like the Sharp. IMHO, it's well worth it to fix it.