Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default older vets will remember this metal

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:04:57 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

Memories of my six years in the Utah National Guard. My enlistment expired
in '62. As I recall, they are relatively simple devices, gasoline being the
fuel.

Surely, those immersion heaters must go back at least to WW II, eh?

Probably not, and certainly not wildly available mid war. My father was
badly burned in a laundry accident during the war and spent months on a
hospital ship. Perhaps this helped inspire there invention?
--
William