Posted to alt.home.repair
Atari26004Fun Atari26004Fun is offline

Default Hardwood floors over concrete slab? What to Consider for proper/level install?

On Nov 13, 12:33 pm, dpb wrote:
Atari26004Fun wrote:
I'm thinking about putting hardwood floors in my den which is on a
concrete slab, no basement or sub-floor beneath it. Right now it's
just carpeted. My question is what do I need to consider/think about
or ask the contractor to ensure the floors get installed correctly and
level? For example, I know for a fact the floor is not that level,
will it need to be re-surfaced and leveled first somehow (just my
uneducated guess) or is there something they use when installing
hardwood floors over concrete, or is it just good craftmanship I need
to look for, etc? Is it recommended or common that hardwood floors
can be installed over that kind of surface. Many thanks to all.

Do a google for hardwood floor manufacturer's association -- they have a
very informative web site although I don't recall the url otomh...

--

Thanks.....