Posted to uk.d-i-y
TD[_2_] TD[_2_] is offline

Default Knocking down a load bearing wall

"Pete L" wrote in message
ups.com...
We want to knock down the wall between kitchen and dining room. Today
the civil engineer man came round to inspect and give us the
dimensions for the Universal Beam. He checked in the loft and the
dividing wall is not supporting the roof - which is good. I've done
plenty of diy jobs and we have done one house restoration but not
knocking down a supporting wall.. I'd like to take on this job and
have help available to place the UB. Question is - how difficult is
it? Anybody out there done this kind of thing and can give me any tips
or advice?

This makes it seem easy
http://www.houseprofessionals.com/di...ing_a_wall.htm