Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Camcorder Recommendations

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:45:58 -0500, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:46:31 -0500, Tam/WB2TT wrote:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:34:40 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

New grandson, 15 year old _dead_ camcorder :-(

What's the newest game in town that you would recommend?

Price is _almost_ no object, I have so many freebie points available
on my Amex that I probably won't have to spend a dime for most things
I've seen.

...Jim Thompson

Sony digital (kind that uses a tape). I have a small Mini DV Sony that
takes wonderful movies in 16:9 or 4:3. Has a touch screen display, Super
Night Vision, remote, USB etc...etc... and fits in the palm of your hand.

I have seen really bad reviews on the touch screen, and would go with Canon
or Panasonic. Most important is to be sure it works with whatever editing
program you plan to get, Adobe, Pinnacle, and Roxio; probably in that order.

Mine is 4 years old and works flawlessly. You're going to have isolated
problems with any brand. As far as software goes, Pinnacle works fine with
Sony stuff.

I have a non HD Canon (16:9 & 4:3) and use it mostly with Pinnacle Studio.
For low light use, the Panasonic is a lot better because of the 3 CCD
pickup.

Tam

My sony works in no light.

Excellent! it makes videos for the blind!

--
JF