Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default using home wiring for ethernet connection

"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
et...
I've got a thing called a Slingbox that allows one to send one's cable TV
box or TiVo signal through one's computer router, so that one can access
the box or TiVo from any computer anywhere with internet capability.

For people whose routers are in a different part of the house from their
cable box/TiVo, they have a product called SlingLink, which uses the
household wiring to connect the Slingbox to the router.

SlingLink doesn't work for me, since apparently my router is on a
different electrical circuit than my Slingbox/TiVo/cable box circuit.

I asked some computer sources about alternatives and got this:

"Wild guess- See if the two circuits are on the same "leg". If they
aren't, swap one so they are and see if it works. If you don't know what
I'm talking about, call your electrician buddy."

Anyone want to be my "electrician buddy" on this one?

I sure hope not! Takes a couple minutes, but if you do it wrong it could
all be over in a couple minutes.