Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Old household paint disposal?

observer wrote in message
news
For household paint that hasn't been used in years and you don't want
any longer, how do you " properly " dispose of such paint? If it
matters, I have trash pickup and recycling pickup.

Usually at the landfill or pickup points, they have a trailer for paints and
nasty stuff. Our big city (Las Vegas) even has one amnesty day a year where
you can bring in ANYTHING. They get some interesting items, including live
ordnance. Make a couple of phone calls.

They tell you that you can't dump it in the landfill, but you CAN drop it at
their trailer that deals with just such items.

Steve