Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Brainless@lamebrain.com is offline

Default How to fix leak

I have a leak in solder connection on 1 inch cast copper/brass? "T" .....
this is hot water pipe for Boiler/home heating system..... I have made
several modifications and when I refilled with water and pressurized found
very small leak....about 5 drops a minute.....I thought I could repair with
epoxy putty, but did not work...tried twice and still leaks, seem like the
epoxy putty just does not seal the uneven surface of the cast copper/brass
"T" fitting...and after 1/2 hour or so starts leaking again.........I know
the right way to fix is to drain system and re solder connection, would like
to avoid this if I can till next summer when I have to drain again
anyway........Is there another product that might work?