Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Tam/WB2TT Tam/WB2TT is offline

Default Camcorder Recommendations

"Robert" wrote in message

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
New grandson, 15 year old _dead_ camcorder :-(

What's the newest game in town that you would recommend?

Price is _almost_ no object, I have so many freebie points available
on my Amex that I probably won't have to spend a dime for most things
I've seen.

...Jim Thompson

Canon's got a pretty nice miniature HDTV Camcorder for about $950 street
price, the HV10.

Something to be said for the HV10 and HV20. They contain an A/D converter
which allows you to connect any analog source to the camcorder, and download
it to a PC via Firewire as digital. I know Jim's old camcorder does not
work, but when I was in the same shape I borrowed an HI8 camcorder from a
friend so I could make digital copies of my old HI8 tapes. I used a PCI
analog capture card, which I would not have needed with one of these Canons.

If you look at the HV10, look at the HV20 also. Both have Firewire. You
don't want to have to use HDMI.

Tam
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/canon_hv10

If you've got that kind of display may be worth it.

Robert H.