Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

Default Wiring All Kitchen Lights on One Circuit?

On Nov 12, 10:04 am, " wrote:
On Nov 12, 9:52?am, JB wrote:

As part of a kitchen remodeling job, I am replacing a single overhead
fluorescent fixture with ~7 recessed cans and then a bunch of undercab
lights (either halogens or small fluor. boxes). Since the existing
fixture is part of a circuit that goes elsewhere in the house, I
calculated that all of those recessed lights would be too much for the
line. So I'm planning on running a new, dedicated 15A or 20A line.

Assuming the loads are within the capacity of the line (which I think
it is), the question is whether there is anything wrong with having
ALL of the lights -- overhead and undercab -- on this single circuit.
It seems OK to me but just checking.

--Jeff

oinstall at least 2 switches one for undercabinet, and one for general
overhead, perhaps one for task lighting at sink.

at night the undercabinet ones are nifty.

its CRITICAL you install at least 2 20 amp GFCI counter outlet groups,
give fridge its own circuit, dishwasher its own circuit better if
disposer is on its own, perhaps shared with gas stove if you use gas.

you will need 6 or 7 seperate breakers will your main panel accomdate
it?

kitchens are power hungry areas with many appliances

Everything you describe (except for the undercab lighting) is already
there.

--Jeff