Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default source of flex cable

James Sweet wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote:
James Sweet wrote:

That's not much help to non-americans. 'Gauge' i.e. AWG is a US only
measure. The rest of the world uses mm.

Can you measure the pitch properly ?

Conversion charts are readily available, it should be easy to work with
either system.

AWG is a pain in the ass. Metric sizes can be directly used in
calculations without the use of any 'tables'.

Why's it a pain in the ass? A given AWG has a direct metric equivalent,

An inaccurate equivalent.

I have no problem with either system. I prefer metric for everything, but I
guess I just don't see the difficulty. All it takes is memorizing a handful
of numbers, it's easier than the resistor color code.

There is no NEED for ANY code when using metric measures. Would you like to have
to look up values for voltage, current, resitance, inductance and capacitance in
tables or charts too ?

Graham