Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default How strong is my floor?

Lou wrote:

Hi,
Joist is typically 16" OC. If the house is built properly, it'll support
the tub without any trouble. My house has a Jaccuzi tub in our master
bathroom upstairs. No issues at all.

Don't count on that. Find out for sure what the spacing is. There are
quite
a few products out there now that only require floor joist to be 24"
o.c.. Look
in your basement/crawlspace if you have one.
Lou

Hmmm,
This house of mine was designed and custom built by us in 1994. None of
such thing as OSB panels, laminated beams, engineered floor like craps.
Joists are 16" OC of course. Two person Jaccuzi in our bathroom never
even caused floor squeak.