Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Roof cement to adhere shingles?

"Erik Dillenkofer" wrote in message
. ..
Or, a thicker plywood roof and shorter nails.

"willshak" wrote in message
on 11/10/2007 2:08 PM Craig M said the following:
Or how about using metal roofing, couple sheets of barn type tin would
make a nice roof

Or aluminum sheets sold in rolls for flashing. Available at HD, Lowes, or
other hardware stores

wrote in message
ups.com...

I am making a rabbit hutch for a friend and to avoid nails through the
plywood roof, I was thinking of using roofing cement to adhere the 3
tab shingles to the wood instead of nails.

Will the roofing cement suffice in windy/stormy weather once it has
dried/cured? This is not a high tech/demanding project, just want
something trouble free.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Sounds to me like a good application for a heavy duty stapler with staples
of a suitable length.

Don Young