Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Kenmore Dryer: Heating Element is Perfect - but No Heat.

On Nov 11, 1:45 pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 10, 9:13 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:

Trouble shooting is exercising logic. With a meter following step by
step logic sequence. Like already mentioned thermal limit sesor switch
may have popped(some are resettable). Looking at the diagram go backward
from heating element towards the power source.

Thank you all for your answers. I followed Tony's advice and with an
ohm meter I verified:
1. Heating element - ~10 ohms (good)
2. THERMOSTAT 250 DEGREE F (P/N 3390291) - 0 ohms (good).
3. THERMAL CUT-OFF (P/N 3398671) - open circuit !!!

I believe that when removed from the system, at room temperature, the
THERMAL CUT-OFF part should show 0 ohms - and thus this is the
defective part.

Am I right?

Thanks,
Sam

Sam-

Sounds like you've found the culprit! Did it looked "cooked"?

cheers
Bob