Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default source of flex cable

Michael Kennedy wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
I have a casio ex word dictionary that has a broken flex ribbon cable. Is
there anywhere that I could possibly source a replacement. The connection
on each end is the same, and I could live with something that will just
work rather than the original cable. I think there are 28 pins on the end
but it is rather difficult to count. The spacing is the same as if you
lined 30 gauge wire side by side. I had tried to solder #30 wire to the
connections unsuccessfully. I thought I had it, the ohm meter said it was
good, but I think when I moved it to assemble everything the weak solder
joints broke.

I also forgot to mention that the way it is broken it makes using
conductive paint unfeasible.

I looked at this thing again and it has 27 pins with 2 pins per mm.

That's no 'ribbon cable' I suspect. Do you mean a flexible pcb construction

Graham