Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Converting fluorescent light fitting to "quick start"

In article ,
Vortex wrote:
In our bathroom we have a 20 watt IP65 fluorescent light fitting,
installed a couple of years ago.

I am becoming neurotic about the fact it takes 5-10 seconds to switch on
(and always has).

Pics he

http://www.hernibles.com/light1.jpg
http://www.hernibles.com/light2.jpg

Is it possible to swap some component of this light to make it "quick
start"?

Wisdom appreciated.

I'd replace the choke with an electronic one. You'll get quick smooth
starting, higher efficiency and longer tube life.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.