Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dap kitchen and bath caulk still tacky?

On Nov 11, 1:02 pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Nov 11, 12:44 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

Should I be worried? Tube says "shower in three hours;" I finished
recaulking bathtub about 1AM and caulk is still tacky. I did lay down a
huge ugly finger-smoothed bead as the tile work next to the tub was not
so neat. (not sloppy, just huge - probably 3/16" or more) This is the
Dap kitchen and bath white silicone.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Huge beads of silicone will often shrink and cause gaps. This is a
drawback to silicone.

That said, it should be dry by now. I have had brand new tubes of
kitchen and bath caulk (non-silicone) that would never set, not even
two weeks later.

JK

If it is an old tube it may not cure, look for an expiration date