Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buy_Sell Buy_Sell is offline

Default Spinning...

On Nov 11, 1:41 am, Prometheus wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:38:04 +0000, David Billington

wrote:

Buy_Sell wrote:

Hey David, one quick question. What do you use for lubricant when
spinning?

Tallow, seems to work well for all the non ferrous stuff I have done so
far. The BB guys in the US keep mentioning toilet wax rings and oil. I
asked a guy I know that has been in the UK building trade about 30 years
and he gave me an odd look and said something about strange US people.
Seems we use rubber seals and have done for years.

The suggestion I got was Murphy's Oil soap, if the others don't work
for you.

Well, at least with Murphy's Oil soap, if the part doesn't turn out
the way that you had hoped, it should be pretty clean. ;-)