Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike E. Fullerton Mike E. Fullerton is offline

Default Installing toilet flange on tile floor

I'm a bit perplexed as to how to install a toilet flange on a tile
floor. I bought a flange that will fit inside the pipe coming out of the
floor. The problem is I have to cut the pipe. I can only think of using
a hacksaw but that will still leave at least 1/4 inch of pipe raised
above the floor. The flange also has a bit of a taper to it on the
inside where it will meet the pipe which will raise it an additional 1/4
inch. Any advice?