Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Lets all buy from Sears

wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:54:56 -0800, "Dave Bugg"

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:43:11 -0800, "Dave Bugg"
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Paul MR wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Sadly, the social liberals are responsible for the war lasing a
long time.
What war? I happened to be in San Diego three years ago when the
President stood on the deck of an aircraft carrier in his
camouflage suit to tell us that our mission in Iraq had been
accomplished and the war was over. I always believe what the
President says. It's unpatriotic not to.
Paul

I, too, have been drunk in San Diego.

The president did not wear camoflage (it was a flight suit).

He wore a standard business suit as he delivered his speech.

The USS Abraham Lincoln was not in San Diego.

In his speech, he did not mention the word "accomplished,"
"completed," "finished," or "over" (with one exception below).

No, he made his speech standing in front of a HUGE banner hung by
his advance crew that said in letters several feet tall: MISSION
ACCOMPLISHED

Later, his spin crew tried valiantly to convince the media that they
had nothing to do with that huge banner that "Just happened to be
there".

Wars have many missions. The mission to destroy the Iraqi army and
depose So-Dammned-Insane WAS accomplished.

Sure, Rush, take some more pills.

That's a rebuttal? You hear something that doesn't match your opinion and
you throw out something that has nothing to do with the facts at hand? You'd
better go back and read the transcript from the speech Bush gave during that
event:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

As was stated by a Heybub:

"You may be thinking of his statement: "... major combat operations in Iraq
have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have
prevailed." But, of course, he was refering to engagements with the Iraqi
army. There have been no major (brigade or larger unit) sized operations
since."

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com