Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Lets all buy from Sears

HeyBub wrote:
Paul MR wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Sadly, the social liberals are responsible for the war lasing a long
time.

What war? I happened to be in San Diego three years ago when the
President stood on the deck of an aircraft carrier in his camouflage
suit to tell us that our mission in Iraq had been accomplished and
the war was over. I always believe what the President says. It's
unpatriotic not to.
Paul

I, too, have been drunk in San Diego.

The president did not wear camoflage (it was a flight suit).

He wore a standard business suit as he delivered his speech.

The USS Abraham Lincoln was not in San Diego.

In his speech, he did not mention the word "accomplished,"
"completed," "finished," or "over" (with one exception below). He did
say: "Our mission continues. Al Qaida is wounded but not
destroyed...The war on terror is not over, yet it is not endless. We
do not know the day of final victory, but we have seen the turning of
the tide."
You may be thinking of his statement: "... major combat operations in
Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our
allies have prevailed." But, of course, he was refering to
engagements with the Iraqi army. There have been no major (brigade or
larger unit) sized operations since.

Here's the speech for your review:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

You're trying to provide facts to those who prefer to not to hear. What is
so hilarious, though, is that those same folks will scream bloody murder
whenever someone brings up Algore's "I created the internet" moment.
ROTFLOL.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com