Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Lets all buy from Sears

wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:27 pm, yugami wrote:
On Nov 8, 5:50 pm, wrote:

On Nov 8, 2:38 pm, " wrote:
the satisfaction guaranteed or your money back guarantee left when k
mart took over.
Sears owns K...

No, K bought Sears. K went bankrupt, K sold off lots of real estate,
K had LOTS of money, K bought Sears.

S.S.Kresge (where the K comes from) started a store in 1899 in Detroit
later moving to Troy.
There was a merger...the new Sears Holdings is in Hoffman Estates, Il.
where Sears was.

But, the "merger" was instigated by K and they paid something like $11B.
Each S and K maintain separate "headquarters" under the auspices of
the holding company.

What always seemed peculiar to me in the deal was if K was indeed
bankrupt, how there were $11B in assets that didn't go to
creditors--seems as if there were those kind of "extra" assets after the
liquidation/reorganization it would be hard to say were actually
"bankrupt". But, I guess it all depends on what the meaning of "is"
is...