Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Lets all buy from Sears

Paul MR wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Sadly, the social liberals are responsible for the war lasing a long
time.

What war? I happened to be in San Diego three years ago when the
President stood on the deck of an aircraft carrier in his camouflage
suit to tell us that our mission in Iraq had been accomplished and the
war was over. I always believe what the President says. It's
unpatriotic not to.
Paul

I, too, have been drunk in San Diego.

The president did not wear camoflage (it was a flight suit).

He wore a standard business suit as he delivered his speech.

The USS Abraham Lincoln was not in San Diego.

In his speech, he did not mention the word "accomplished," "completed,"
"finished," or "over" (with one exception below). He did say: "Our mission
continues. Al Qaida is wounded but not destroyed...The war on terror is not
over, yet it is not endless. We do not know the day of final victory, but we
have seen the turning of the tide."

You may be thinking of his statement: "... major combat operations in Iraq
have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have
prevailed." But, of course, he was refering to engagements with the Iraqi
army. There have been no major (brigade or larger unit) sized operations
since.

Here's the speech for your review:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/