Posted to alt.home.repair
benick benick is offline

Default new water filter/softener system help

"DonC" wrote in message

"benick" wrote in message
Recently had my submersiable water pump , expanson tank replaced and new
water filter/softener system installed(hard rusty water) and after a
month or so I seem to still have air in the system. The water is milky
but clears quickly and I can hear air in the pipes. What could be the
likely cause? Gonna call the company that did the install but wanted to
make sure it wasn't something stupid I could easily fix myself first.
Thanks for any help.......

Did you by any chance get an iron filter as part of the installation? If
so, that would explain the air in the system. The one I had installed
injected air into the water entering the iron filter in order to convert
from dissolved iron to red iron which can be filtered out via a (IIRC)
green sand filter.

Just a thought.

Yes I have the same system as you I think...2 slender cylinders with timers
and a trash can sized tank that I add salt to...(green bag) Now that you
mention it I think he said something about injecting air. So milky water is
"normal"????