Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jack Casuso Jack Casuso is offline

Default Hopping Kangaroo

Thanks for posting and the tips. Looks like a project that will be as much
fun to make as the kids will have playing with it.

Jack
"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..
on 10/11/2007, jloomis supposed :
Hey Mekon, I would like a plan. I tried your e-mail and it did not work?
Thank You,
jloomis
"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..
These are popular at fairs here in Oz and I have been meaning to buy
one and try to make one for some years.

I finally did and with a few errors along the way and modifications I
got it to work.

They are usually made of cheap hardwood, this one I made from not so
cheap Queensland Maple.

Getting the balance right was a touch tricky and as a part of the
solution for this one I inset a couple of five cent pieces to add
weight to the tail.

http://mywebsite.bigpond.net.au/mercian/kangaroo.wmv

If anyone wants a plan and a few tips on making this toy just email me.
paul at palindrome dot com dot au

Mekon

If you look above in this thread you will see that I posted it here.

Mekon