Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Need kitchen cabinet hollow dimensions on the bottom

Could you use the bottom shelf of the cabinet as the top of a duct. Put a
louver in the kickplate. Mate to existing duct system somehow. So what if
it leaks a little it is supposed to go into the kitchen anyway.

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
Part of my kitchen reno job was to take out a wall and re-route a heat
duct that had been in that wall. I was going to run it between the
floor joists in the basement and up through the floor underneath one
of my kitchen cabinets, and out the front similiar to a kick space
heater. It's actually a 36"X36" lazy susan. I don't have the cabinets
yet , but I wanted to at least rough in the ductwork before laying my
tile down. My question is are these cabinets pretty much hollow on the
bottom? Or are there supports at various locations?