Posted to alt.autos,alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Connecting an Alternator to horse drawn buggy

On Nov 9, 6:11 pm, Jeff DeWitt wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 00:14:00 -0500, Jeff DeWitt
wrote:

How about getting them saved? Then they would be free to drive a car
instead of being in stupid bondage. Many Amish own and drive vehicles.
Driving a buggy instead of a car will not get them to heaven and driving a
car will not send them to hell.

Maybe they are right and you are wrong.

Jeff DeWitt

Everytime I have to spend a few hours under the hood or under my car
doing something like exhaust work, I think "they are right".....
I'd much rather care for my horses than be laying in the dirt with
bloody knuckles, under a car cussing at some rusted bolt on a piece of
steel, that is ****ing me off...... And when I have to pay for the
car loan, or spend $100 for a tire, I also think they are right.......

On the other hand, when I see them doing laundry in a large tub, over
a wood fire, outdoors on a cold winter day, I'll stick to my automatic
washer inside the house, even if it does need a costly parts from time
to time.....

As far as getting them "saved", I'll leave that to the fire dept. or
paramedics when they have an accident. I still do not understand the
religious aspect of that word, because every religions has their own
interpretation......

Yes, there is a lot to like and respect about their lifestyle, but I'm a
BIG fan of modern technology, and things like central heat, AC,
refrigators, microwave ovens and of course computers and the internet
(of course I also push a mouse for a living!).

Jeff DeWitt

This from a man whose pickup truck was made by a company better known
for one- and two-horsepower "vehicles"

nate

(still a little bitter at JP about that one, although it sounds like
you've had your share of "issues" with it!)