Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Doggie Door - sheet vinyl

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 05:00:53 -0800, " wrote:

ITS CRITICAL to buy a door a good bit larger than the user. otherwise
the flap must bend too much and fails prematurely.

Especially in cold weather when the vinyl is less flexible.

Good advice.

we got a slightly larger dog and I was always replacing flaps which
would break on the top.

installed larger door flap now 3 years old

Good move.

Talked with a guy had a 150 lb Great Dane the other day. I'm
betting he don't got noooooo doggie door (unless he had a
custom "big" (i.e. storm) door made). :-)

"Well, there's two trains runnin'.
Ain't neither one goin' my way.
One run at midnight,
the other run just before day."
- from "Still A Fool", Muddy Waters, maybe 1949