Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Doggie Door - sheet vinyl

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:36:53 -0600, Mike Paulsen wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:
I need to make a Doggie Door from ~1/4 " thick sheet vinyl, hinges, etc.

Where might I find a small quantity (2-4 ' sq.) of sheet vinyl?
Ran a search on 2 local big boxes and got diddly-squat. I am
in Saint Louis, MO.

I couldn't find anything when I looked last year. I ended up buying a
set of clear auto floor mats at Target, K-mart, or Menards -- I don't
recall which. It took a few minutes to slice off the carpet spikes,

Toenail clipper?

but
that wasn't a big deal. They've held up well.

Thanks. You're the 2nd person I've heard of using carmats.

Seems the vinyl'd be a bit too thin ...

If you need bigger pieces, you might want to try an online custom
auto/truck floor mat store. They're likely to have stock which would
work for you.

Yeah, but could I specify thickness? Maybe I'll take a peek ...

Puddin'

"Well, there's two trains runnin'.
Ain't neither one goin' my way.
One run at midnight,
the other run just before day."
- from "Still A Fool", Muddy Waters, maybe 1949